Tuesday, December 30, 2003

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Yes, it's been a few days, at least, since I last blogged, and longer still since I actually wrote an original post. I'm sure those of you loyal followers of my blog have been busy yourselves. I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and will have a Happy New Year. My aunt, uncle and cousins (on my dad's side) from CA are here for the holidays. Last Friday I went to see The Return of the King for the second time. If you haven't seen it, GO SEE IT!!! (Be sure you see the first two LOTR movies first...this is NOT an option, trust me!)
Ok, now for the really big news. Ok, well, maybe not THAT big. I'm not engaged or married, I'm not moving to Madagascar, and I haven't been appointed principle horn with the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra. If any of those things happen I will let you all know in a bigger way than posting it on my blog! ;-) No, the "big" news is that I have finally fulfilled one of my techno-dreams: I now own a 40GB iPod!!! Thanks to generous gifts of money and Best Buy gift cards, along with some Christmas gigging, I went to Best Buy today and bought their last iPod. Fortunately it was the 40GB model, which is the one I wanted. I LOVE IT!!! If you've never seen one in person, go to the nearest Apple Store (Mall at Millenia, here in Orlando) and take one for a spin. I got the 40GB cause I plan to, over time, put my entire CD library on my iPod. So far I have between 2 and 3 GB imported to iTunes on my computer and now on my iPod. The only problem now is that my hard drive only holds about 13GB total! So sometime in the future I will also require an external hard drive. It will take a while to even fill up my current hard drive with music, though, so I've got plenty of time.
As usual, Apple has set the standard both in quality and in aesthetics. Every little detail of the packaging, even, was planned meticulously to be the best both in design and in function. The iPod itself, and all of its accessories, are also designed to work and look better than anything else on the market. The dock, for example, has rubber on the bottom so it stays in place on whatever surface you put it on.
Ok, I think I'll stop there. Go see for yourself why iPods are flying off the shelves and are so hard to keep in stock!

No comments: